If you relapse, repeat after me:
- You are not weak.
- You have not lost this battle.
- You are not selfish.
- You are not out of control.
- All the progress you made hasn’t magically disappeared.
- You are not a failure.
- Life is a cycle of highs and lows- good times are ahead, so keep going forward.
- You matter.
So apparently in my sister’s class, there was a trans girl that had been on the cheerleading squad for a while. When she came out, the other girls on the squad made the agreement that whatever boy made fun of her would never get a date. And if you think that’s not the most metal girl alliance ever, you can sit down.
Girls protecting girls.
GIRLS PROTECTING GIRLS
I don’t really understand how “social justice” became an insulting term.
"Oh my GOD, you’re attempting to address the inequalities you experience personally and are shedding light on the struggles of others?! WOW FUCK YOU."
you do tho. you know its a silencing tactic used to keep oppressive hierarchies in place. taboos and discomfort surrounding social critiques are not individual, they are enforced strategies of supremacy.
sometimes I think I’m better than everyone else but then I remember I am
- Stop calling people who practice palm reading, scrying, and tarot readings g*psies
- Stop calling women who wear head scarves and flowing skirts and metal jewelry g*psies
- Stop calling nomadic people g*psies
- Stop calling free-spirited people g*psies
- Stop calling hippies g*psies
- Stop using the term g*psy in your title, header, url or links you put on posts
- Stop thinking that Hollywood “g*psies” are actual accurate representations of the Romani people
Fun facts about the word g*psy
- It’s a slur
- If you’re a white bread kid calling yourself a g*psy it’s bullshit and racist
- If you know people of Roma descent and they say g*psy, that’s their right because it is a word that they can choose to reclaim or use but you can’t (think of it like the “n” word. You may now POC’s that use it but you shouldn’t if you aren’t a POC because that’s not right)
- The term being “gypped” or being cheated or swindled originated from the racist slur g*psy so try saying something less fucking racist like “i got ripped off”
- Stop using that fucking word because it’s racist
- it’s not up for debate
- don’t do it
What you can call them instead:
- Roma/Romani (because that is the commonly accepted term to cover all branches and groups of the Romani peoples)
- If you know that someone falls under the blanket term Roma, ask them what they would preferred to be referred to as because that’s just as fucking important as using the proper pronouns believe it or not
Someone from another minority which is regularly ignored, fetishized, and disrespected through the use of racist terms that people can’t get through their thick fucking skulls
Small note on what’s mentioned regarding “PoC” using the N word; no, if you aren’t Black you shouldn’t be using the N word.